Friday, March 25, 2011

Famous One Liners

Recently, I’ve been doing a daily devotion every morning before I get ready for the day.  I started probably a month ago, and I really can see and feel a difference in my attitude, outlook, and approach to my day to day life.  Today, the devotion was all about not losing heart because God has put us where we are for a reason, looking at where we are as a ministry.  It was centered around 2 Corinthians 4:1

Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart.

The author of today’s devotion also pointed out some very valid verses that go along with the first.  I read them and cut them down to what I felt was the short, sweet version that I need to remember in my daily life, so I’m calling them famous biblical one liners:

Luke 18:1  Always pray & do not give up

2 Corinthians 4:16  Inwardly, we are renewed day by day

Galatians 6:9  We will reap the harvest if we do not give up

Ephesians 3:12  We may approach God with freedom & confidence

2 Thessalonians 3:12  Never tire of doing what is right

I copied these down and am going to put them somewhere near my vanity so I can look at them daily and try to remember to employ these truths in my life.  I’m sure there are many more that I’m unaware of at the moment, but as i come across them, I’ll be sure to add to the list.

I’m new at blogging about this part of my life simply because I’ve been afraid of going to that place not only publicly, but within myself as well.  My hope in doing this is that the joy, love, and hope that these devotions bring me can spill into someone else’s life as well.  Thanks for the support!

Oh, and the button to the right is a link to Encouragement for Today, the devotion I’ve started doing in case you’re interested!

1 comment:

  1. so nice! I have been struggling with my daily time and its nice to be encouraged by you!

    ReplyDelete